Shots @ The Helix a.k.a D.N.A.

Picture Info:

Finally I'm able to touch my camera again after so many days being busy with job-hunting... ^^.. The following pic was taken yesterday night at the recently opened The Helix (or should i say a DNA-look-alike). The moment I arrived there, I was quite worried if I can get a scenic picture of the bridge or not as there were many people visiting (and so many pro photographers too)... Luckily, there was a chance. :).. The visit was quite fun..and the Helix looked elegant at its best!.. The only bad part was that the bridge is very shaky.. :S.. and there were people trying to jump up and down purposely..lolx..

Oh..as I've mentioned in my previous post, I haven't used my star-8 filter for quite a long time.. a thought came now could be the best to use!...I'll be posting the one with star-8 in the next post as I now have to prepare for the job interview tmrw ;)... Click on the picture to enlarge! ^^

Settings Used:

Exposure: 5.0
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 18mm
ISO: 100
Place: The Helix, Singapore

Postprocessing:

- Tint the picture a bit to get the purple color
- Increase the purple saturation
- Up the brightness and contrast
- Fill light and do some black clipping
- Clarity and vibrance are increased.

Comments and criticisms are welcome! ^^

4 comments:

bearbeardai said...

Im thinking of going there too but im still not familiar with my d3000 im afraid that the pics i took will look weird =(

Unknown said...

Don't mind the weird pictures, take it as a learning experience!

Kelvin said...

It sure look like a DNA pattern.

Unknown said...

@ daidaibel: nah..it doesn't matter if the pic is weird or not.. the more u play ard with it the more u get to learn.. just like dallas said.. ;) .. I took quite a lot there too.. most turned out to be blurred...and weird..

@ Kelvin: yes they purposely made it look like DNA hahax.. they wrote it there too... x))

Post a Comment

Followers